Introducing the senseFly eBee X With MicaSense RedEdge-MX, A Seamless Dual Solution for Accurate & Efficient Crop Analysis
senseFly, the leading provider of fixed-wing drone solutions, and MicaSense, a leading producer of drone sensors for agriculture, today announced a new dual solution for efficient, in-depth crop analysis—the senseFly eBee X with MicaSense RedEdge-MX.
“We know from agricultural customers such as agronomists, crop consultants and researchers that deep, high-resolution crop data is key to effective analysis and decision making,” said Gilles Labossière, CEO of senseFly. “In parallel, when assessing large field areas, or simply looking to map smaller fields or plots quickly, small, slower quadcopter drones often don’t cut it. The eBee X with RedEdge-MX checks both these data and efficiency boxes, making it an ideal crop analysis solution.”
“This seamless, integrated professional drone offering represents an obvious upgrade path for many agricultural professionals. Customers who already use MicaSense’s RedEdge-MX, for example, now have a quicker, more efficient way to analyse the health of their crops, without having to compromise on data quality,” said Eric Waters, General Manager of MicaSense. “At the same time, existing eBee X operators can access the deeper, higher resolution insights that the RedEdge-MX brings.”
The RedEdge-MX is a rugged, built-to-last professional multispectral sensor. Capturing red, green, blue, near-infrared, and red-edge spectral bands, data from this sensor can be used to generate true colour composites, basic crop health indexes, and advanced analytical tools like flower identification and weed detection. This, in combination with its durable design, makes RedEdge-MX a multispectral powerhouse.
Key benefits include:
- The ability to capture plant health images & RGB (composite) images in one flight
- A fast capture rate, which suits faster fixed-wing flight speeds
- Global shutter on all five lenses for distortion-free images
- High-resolution imagery; 8 cm (3.1 in) / pixel GSD at 120 m (400 ft) flight height
- An aluminium body for better durability and performance in the heat
- Full access to raw data; generate outputs using a wide variety of processing & analysis platforms
- Patent-pending DLS 2 for highly accurate radiometric calibration
The senseFly eBee X fixed-wing drone is designed to boost the quality, efficiency and safety of commercial UAV operators’ data collection. Its key features include:
- A unique Endurance Extension option, which unlocks a flight time with RedEdge-MX of up to 75 minutes (versus a maximum endurance of 59 minutes by default) for single-flight coverage of up to 220 ha (540 ac)
- The ability to work every site, no matter how challenging, thanks to the drone’s built-in Steep Landing technology, ultra-robust design, live air traffic data and more, all backed by senseFly’s professional, localised support
- A range of professional camera options, including the MicaSense RedEdge-MX, and the new, proprietary senseFly S.O.D.A. 3D, senseFly Aeria X, and senseFly Duet T.
The senseFly eBee X with MicaSense RedEdge-MX (including plug-and-play camera integration kit), Downwelling Light Sensor (DLS 2), and Calibrated Reflectance Panel) is available for purchase now via senseFly distribution partners. It is priced at $19,800 USD excluding shipping and importation taxes.
Efficiency is in Season: senseFly Launches eBee Ag Fixed-Wing Mapping Drone for Agriculture
senseFly, the global leader in fixed-wing mapping drones, today announces the launch of eBee Ag, the latest addition to the eBee X series of drone solutions. User-friendly and affordable, eBee Ag helps farmers, agronomists and service providers efficiently capture aerial data and plant health insights for faster agronomic decision-making...
eBee Geo Joins senseFly Line of Professional Fixed-Wing Mapping Drones
senseFly, the global leader in fixed-wing mapping drones, today announces the expansion of its flagship eBee X drone solution with the launch of eBee Geo. The eBee Geo represents the first extension into a new eBee X series of fixed-wing drones and is positioned as a cost-effective option for...
DP&L Partners With senseFly and Sinclair College to Build Drone Program and Bolster Enterprise Utilities Management
Ohio-based energy provider, Dayton Power & Light (DP&L), in partnership with Sinclair College’s National UAS Training and Certification Center, is employing a fleet of senseFly eBee X fixed-wing mapping drones to improve its large-scale data collection and mapping capacity. Over a 9-month period, unmanned aerial systems (UAS) will be...